Keep your cool by maintaining the right temperature
In the cold chain, temperature is critical and an integral part of delivering a top quality service. With deliveries including high-value products and, in some cases, items such as life-saving medicines, it is crucial to know if potentially damaging temperature hazards have occurred at any point during the supply process. In order to support operators across Europe, MiX Telematics' Temperature Watch solution autonomously measures the temperature inside temperaturecontrolled vehicles to ensure adherence to cold chain specifications.
The MiX Temperature Watch solution provides realtime temperature monitoring for refrigerated vehicles. Actual temperatures and times are measured and recorded. The resulting data can be retrieved, viewed, analysed and acted upon at a time of the operator's choosing. The measured data reveals whether the goods in transit have been subjected to potentially damaging temperature extremes. This information can be used to model product degradation, and pinpoint the location, cause and trends of excessive exposure.
Temperature data can be accessed 24/7 via the MiX Telematics web portal. Immediate action can be taken when temperature non-conformance events are reported. To help the process, the information collected is collated into user-friendly reports.
MiX Temperature Watch: The benefits
- Monitor and manage cold-chain adherence and minimise out-oftolerance temperatures
- Full temperature history of shipments to calculate loss of shelflife or likelihood of spoilage
- Identify time and the location of out-of-tolerance temperatures, enabling corrective action
- Tracking and trending of events in reports empowers businesses to monitor the overall 'health' of temperaturecontrolled transport operations
- Date, time and temperature value from on-board probes recorded and reported
- SMS and email alerts for out-of-tolerance critical events provided as well as real-time online graphs
- Reports can be automatically sent to multiple people via email at a customised date and time