Amidst the COVID-19 crisis the world is currently facing, we want you to know that we are prepared and that our technology is helping you to keep your business sustainable in these challenging times. The health and safety of our own staff, our customers and partners is paramount.
Part of MiX Telematics’ mission has always been to make the world safer with the help of our technology. This has now come into focus even more sharply as we consider how this technology can not only prevent individuals who drive for work from getting into life-threatening crashes but also how our mobile solutions can help the world to keep moving forward.
The CloudThe cloud All of your data is stored in our top-tier data centers. No matter where you find yourself at this point in time, you have 24/7 access to important information about your drivers’ whereabouts and movements. Our SaaS software platform and value-added services will continue to be available and managed by our loyal employees to ensure you continue to have access.
Remote ManagementYou can manage your drivers remotely at all times, thus minimising physical contact. If you want to communicate with your drivers, you can do so using our driver-focused apps (and, of course, all other technology at your disposal). Our online dashboards are updated in real-time, so you can plan ahead and assign jobs accordingly without ever having to meet in person. Your drivers, in turn, can manage their jobs and check their performance by using our apps. In addition, drivers are notified via in-cab technology of any behavioural or maintenance issues while they’re on the road.
Contingency PlansWe want you to rest assured that MiX Telematics have put contingency plans in place to guarantee that our services will continue to be stable and available so you can still meet your business requirements during this period of uncertainty. Customer services will be maintained throughout. MiX Telematics is also continuing to manufacture products and making every effort possible to deliver on orders and communicate proactively should any issues arise.
With regards to our employees, we have taken the following immediate measures to keep them safe:
- Established a pandemic response committee comprising the most senior executives from across the globe, who meet regularly to leverage advice from the WHO and CDC as guidance.
- Provided continuous information and general tips about the importance of hand washing, staying at home if feeling ill, self-quarantining if you have travelled, etc.
- Running an employee education program via the MiX Learning Centre (MLC) to share key COVID-19 information.
- Suspended non-essential employee travel, both international and domestic.
- Instructed all staff to leverage technology and conduct meetings using virtual tools.
- Requested employees to work from home as a further precaution.