Telematics Solutions for the Construction Industry
In construction, there will always be a demand for quicker project completion, greater fleet efficiency and more protection. This, coupled with the added burden of maintaining expensive equipment, makes it crucial to pursue smart solutions in order to remain profitable.
MiX Telematics offers systems that enable the monitoring of construction vehicles and their drivers in real-time.
This provides a number of benefits:
- Reduced fuel consumption, thanks to the ability to monitor and correct driver behaviour as well as the behaviour of those operating machinery.
- Enhanced machine utilisation, by being able to compare actual usage with expected usage.
- Increased productivity, thanks to on-board technology that enables the tracking of assets.
- Improved safety compliance, through Hours of Service functionality among other valuable features.
- Better security, through GPS asset tracking to prevent theft and misuse.
- Improved maintenance, with electronic service and licencing schedules.
- In addition to the obvious features, like determining a vehicle’s location, locating machines and obtaining fuel consumption reports, fleet managers also benefit by being able to create geo-fences. These limit vehicles and machinery to certain pre-defined areas within certain time periods – features that are guaranteed to boost fleet efficiency, safety and security levels.